Stanley D. Toussaint (1928-2017)
In the morning hours of Tuesday, September 5, 2017, Stanley D. Toussaint, DTS professor from 1960 to 2012 and beloved teacher of many, went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
In 2011, DTS created a video profile of Dr. Toussaint showing his unique blend of scholarship with a pastoral heart for God and God’s people.
Of his friend and mentor, President Mark L. Bailey said:
“I am at DTS in many ways because of Dr. Stan Toussaint. He has been such a beloved friend, model, and mentor to so many of us. He is truly one of my favorite heroes of the faith.”
Dr. Toussaint left behind a rich legacy of teaching and writing which you can explore below:
- At his retirement in 2012, DTS chronicled Dr. Toussaint's journey from Hinckley, Minnesota to Dallas, Texas, and his unique role in shaping a generation of Biblical teachers including Charles Swindoll, David Jeremiah, Erwin Lutzer, and Jennie Allen.
- Dr. Toussaint was also a frequent chapel speaker, and his most recent chapel from fall 2016 was entitled "On Listening."
- DTS released a free course featuring Dr. Toussaint teaching through the book of Revelation. More information on the free online Revelation course.
- Dr. Toussaint wrote several articles for DTS's academic journal Bibliotheca Sacra including one entitled "No, Not Yet – The Contingency of God's Promised Kingdom" written in 2007.
- You can view the archive of Dr. Toussaint's writing and speaking at DTS here: Stanley Toussaint
Please leave your favorite memories of Dr. Toussaint in the comments.