Lessons from the Sexuality Ministry Front
Dr. Stanton Jones, Provost & Professor of Psychology, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL, explains how The Evangelical Church must redouble its efforts to speak the truth in love on the contentious issues of homosexuality and sexual identity. Full Lecture Text
- Dr. Jones’ Introduction to the Topic
- Failure 1—Treating Homosexuals as Bitter Enemies
- Failure 2—Treating “Them” as Irredeemable
- Failure 3—Rejecting Engagement with the Culture
- Failure 4—In Pastoral Care
- Failure 5—In Leadership and Governance in Making the Moral Case
- Why discuss homosexuality in the context of sexuality as a whole?
- What of 1 Corinthians 5:9-13?
- Where is the balance between protecting Civil Rights and taking a moral stand?
- How do I witness faithfully in the face of “this is my identity” claims from homosexuals?
- What advice do you have about trying to establish a dialogue with homosexuals at the workplace?
About the Contributors
Stanton Jones is professor of psychology and core studies at Wheaton College.