Dr. Scott Horrell, Professor of Theological Studies, DTS, answers how Jesus is understood in the major world religions. The answers are surprising, but far from biblical.
- Jesus Christ in a Global Perspective
- The Exclusive Statements of Jesus
- World Religion Statistics
- Jesus in Hinduism
- Jesus in Buddhism
- Jesus in Islam
- Are all religions the same?
- Is not Islam’s picture of God without a covenant different than Judaism and Christianity?
- What kind of attitude should have in discussing world religions with others and among ourselves?
- What is the difference between the Islamic view of Allah and the Christian view of God?
- How does one respond to someone with a pantheistic worldview or the idea that we are gods?
The author of From the Ground Up: New Testament Foundations for the 21st-Century Church, Dr. J. Scott Horrell is professor of Theological Studies at DTS. He has been a theologian in various world cultures including years spent as a missionary in Brazil. Along with cofounding and editing a leading Latin American theological journal, he has written several books in Portuguese and English. He especially loves to introduce students to a global understanding of Christian faith, often taking teams of them with him as he travels.