Parenting in a Broken World
In this episode, Kymberli Cook talks with Karis Kimmel Murray and Joy Cheng about parenting, focusing on how discipline and grace work hand in hand.
- Cheng’s background and ministry
- Kimmel Murray’s background and ministry
- How to avoid parenting pitfalls
- Reactive and responsive parenting
- How to discuss death, illness, and mortality
- How to discuss doubts about the faith
- Engaging older kids and deep conversations
About the Contributors
Kymberli Cook is the Assistant Director of the Hendricks Center, overseeing the workflow of the department, online content creation, Center events, and serving as Giftedness Coach and Table Podcast Host. She is also a doctoral student in Theological Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary, pursuing research connected to unique individuality, the image of God, and providence. When she is not reading for work or school, she enjoys coffee, cooking, and spending time outdoors with her husband and daughters.