Michael J. Svigel’s Books
Michael J. Svigel’s Publication Articles
- “Extreme Makeover: Heaven and Earth Edition — Will God Annihilate the World and Re-Create it Ex Nihilo.” Bibliotheca Sacra (171). 2014. 401-417.
- “What Child is This?: Darby’s Early Exegetical Argument for the Pretribulation Rapture of the Church.” Trinity Journal (35). 2014. 225-251.
- “The Center of Ignatius of Antioch’s Catholic Christianity.” Studia Patristica (45). 2010. 367–371.
- “Christ as Arche in Revelation 3:14—Source, Ruler, or Beginning?.” Bibliotheca Sacra (April-June 2004:161). 2004. 215-231.
- “The Phantom Heresy: Did the Council of Ephesus (431) Condemn Chiliasm?.” Trinity Journal (24). 2003. 105-112.
- “The Apocalypse of John and the Rapture of the Church: A Reevaluation.” Trinity Journal (22). 2001. 23-74.
- “The Passing of the Prophets in the Apostolic Fathers.” Bibliotheca Sacra (176). 2019. 458–475.
- “Trinitarianism in Didache, Barnabas, and the Shepherd: Sketchy, Scant, or Scandalous?” Perichoresis (17:1). 2019. 23–40.
- “Can an Ecclesiology Be Biblical and Not Apostolic?” Bibliotheca Sacra (175). 2019. 62–80.
- “Didache as a Practical Enchiridion for Early Church Plants.” Bibliotheca Sacra (174). 2017. 77–94.
Michael J. Svigel’s Contributions
Thinking Christianly About Burial and Cremation – Classic
In this classic episode, Kymberli Cook and Dr. Michael J. Svigel discuss thinking Christianly about burial…
Making Sense of the Biblical Canon
Dr. Bock and Dr. Svigel discuss how the canon emerged and how to think about those…
Sola Fide: By Faith Alone
Dr. Michael Svigel, Department Chair and Professor of Theological Studies at DTS, begins Reformation Week by…
Classic – Key Differences Between Protestantism and Roman Catholicism
In this classic episode, Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Scott Horrell and Dr. Michael Svigel discuss the…
The Language of Theology
Drs. Glenn Kreider and Michael Svigel, professors of Systematic Theology, join Dr. Darrell Bock at the…
Key Differences Between Protestantism and Roman Catholicism
In this episode, Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Scott Horrell and Dr. Michael Svigel discuss the Roman…
The Irresistible Force of Star Wars: 3 Theological Approaches
So why do so many people across generations, cultures, and religions find Star Wars so captivating?…
The Church and Trafficking
Michael Bartel, Co-Founder and Co-Director of F.R.E.E. International, discusses with Dr. Darrell Bock how the church…
Coffee as a Means of Grace: A Sip of Theological Humor
Until I accepted coffee as a means of grace, I struggled both internally and externally with…