Brian L. Webster’s Books
Brian L. Webster’s Publication Articles
Contributions to Books
- Sixty-nine articles in the Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Edited by Tremper Longman III, Peter Enns and Mark Strauss. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2010.
- “Chronological Index of the Texts from the Judaean Desert,” in Discoveries in the Judaean Desert XXXIX. Pp. 351-446. Edited by Emanuel Tov. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
Papers Presented at Academic Societies
- “The Perfect Verb in the Book of Proverbs,” Paper Presented at the Southwest Regional Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, March 2010.
- Presentation of The Cambridge Introduction to Biblical Hebrew and participation in panel comparison of recent first year Hebrew Grammars at the Evangelical Theological Society, November 2009.
- “Stative Verbs in the Psalter,” Paper Read Jointly with Jill Zwyghuizen at the Linguistics and Biblical Hebrew section of the Society of Biblical Literature, November 2008.
- “TekScroll: An Interactive Program for Learning Biblical Hebrew,” Paper Read at the National Association of Professors of Hebrew section of the Society of Biblical Literature, November 2007.
- “A Discourse Perspective on Hinneh,” Paper Read at the Southwest Region of the Society of Biblical Literature, March 2007.
- “Drama in the Pauses: Listening to the Masoretes,” Paper Read at the Southwest Region of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- “VK0876. The Text of a No-Longer Missing Torah Section from Kaifeng China,” Paper Read at the Midwest Society of Biblical Literature, 2000.
- “The Chinese Jews at Kaifeng: The community and their Writings,” Paper Read at the 35th International Congress on Medieval Studies, 2000.
- “Semantic Combinations and the Meaning of paqad,” Paper Read at the Midwest Society of Biblical Literature, 1999.
- Contributions to The NET (New English Translation) Bible. Dallas: Biblical Studies Press, 2005.
- Review of “Hebrew for the Rest of Us.” Bibliotheca Sacra (167:667). 2010. 369.
- “The Place of Lament in the Christian Life.” Bibliotheca Sacra (164:656). 2007. 387-402.
- Review of “Lament: Reclaiming Practices in Pulpit Pew and Public Square.” Bibliotheca Sacra (164:654). 2007. 251-253.
- Review of “Grammatical Concepts 101 for Biblical Hebrew.” Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 490-492.
- Review of “A Sacred Sorrow: Reaching out to God in the Lost Language of Lament and A Sacred Sorrow Experience Guide.” Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 496-497.
- Review of “From Catalogue to Canon? An Assessment of the Library Hypothesis as a Contribution to the Debate about the Biblical Canon.” Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 480-481.
- Review of “A Modern Grammar for Classical Hebrew.” Bibliotheca Sacra (162:645). 2005. 120-121.
- Review of “Lamentations.” Bibliotheca Sacra (162:646). 2005. 244.
- “Among The Scattered: The Books of Moses in Kaifeng China.” Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (iv:2/3). 1999. 5-7.
- “Searching for the Books of Moses in Kaifeng China.” Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (iv:4). 1999. 7-9.
- “Clay Impressions.” Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (ii:4). 1997. 1-4.
Brian L. Webster’s Contributions
The Shema: Parents, Church and Society
Dr. Brian Webster, associate professor of Old Testament Studies, discusses the shema of Deuteronomy 6. He…