J. Scott Horrell’s Books
J. Scott Horrell’s Publication Articles
- Extended Review: Trinitarian Theology: Theological Methods and Doctrinal Application. Ed. Keith S. Whitfield. Nashville: B&H, 2019, 197pp. and Trinity Without Hierarchy: Reclaiming Nicene Orthodoxy in Evangelical Theology, ed. Michael F. Bird and Scott Harrower. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2019, 344pp. in the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 62.4 (Dec 2019): 855-861.
- “Translating ‘Son of God’ for Muslim Contexts, Part 2: Historical and Theological Concerns,” Bibliotheca Sacra 172 (Oct-Dec 2015): 162–77.
- “Translating ‘Son of God’ for Muslim Contexts, Part 1: Tensions and the Witness of Scripture,” Bibliotheca Sacra 172 (July-Sept 2015): 268-85.
- “In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Toward a Transcultural Trinitarian Worldview,” Evangelical Review of Theology 38:2 (Apr 2014) 126-37.
- “In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Toward a Trinitarian Worldview,” Bibliotheca Sacra 166 (Apr-June 2009): 131-46.
- “Doing Theology: An International Task.” Evangelical Missions Quarterly 41:4 (Oct 2005) 474-78.
- “Toward a Biblical Model of the Social Trinity: Avoiding Equivocation of Nature and Order.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 47:3 (Sept 2004) 399-42.
J. Scott Horrell’s Contributions
Jesus Son of God: Iconoclast of the World Religions
Dr. Scott Horrell, Professor of Theological Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary, speaks about how the Incarnate…
Challenges of Bible Translation in Muslim Cultures
In this episode, Dr. Mark Bailey, Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Scott Horrell, and Dr. Imad Shehadeh…
What the New Pope Means for the Future of the Church
Evangelical and Lutheran scholars address the character and theology of the first pope from South America,…
Jesus in the World Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, & Islam
Dr. Scott Horrell, Professor of Theological Studies, DTS, answers how Jesus is understood in the major…
Seven Common Graces: Simple Satisfactions that Make Life Beautiful
Dr. Scott Horrell, Professor of Theological Studies, DTS, shares how the common graces of life, while…